- On this page:
Get Financial & Practical Assistance
We provide travel and lodging assistance to Ohio residents whether your appointment is in Ohio or you are having to travel out-of-state. AFO is connected to a mighty team of trained volunteers who can support your logistic and childcare needs. If you are looking for legal help, please visit our Legal Access Program page.
Please contact the clinic you are scheduled at directly first if you need assistance paying for your appointment. You need to have an appointment booked before we can assist with practical support needs. If you need help finding a clinic to schedule an appointment at, check out our clinic partners. You can also find the clinic nearest to you using Abortion Finder.
If you need additional assistance, please fill out our online intake form on Airtable or at the bottom of this page. A Resource Coordinator will respond to you within 48 hours. If your appointment is scheduled further out (2-3 weeks or more) we may respond after 48 hours. If you are not able to access the form, or fill it out, please call our warmline number at 614-300-7811 or email [email protected]. Please note: AFO's warmline is not always a live call line. If you get our voicemail, please leave a message & a number we can safely return your call to.
If you need assistance receiving Emergency Contraceptives, also known as “the morning after pill” or “Plan B,” check out our community partners who carry it. Abortion Fund of Ohio may not have the capacity to fund 100% of abortion and appointment-related costs and we fund depending on gestation and needs. If you are still in need of financial assistance you can contact the funds below.
National Abortion Federation (NAF)
Contact at 1-800-772-9100 or their online chat.
- Monday - Friday: 7am - 1pm EST
- Saturday & Sunday 9am - 5pm EST
- The following clinics in Ohio work directly with NAF in-clinic:
- If your clinic does NOT work with NAF in-clinic, you can contact NAF directly. It may take several tries to get through.
- Planned Parenthood does not use NAF funding, but has in-clinic funding of their own. If you are scheduled at Planned Parenthood, contact them directly if you are in need of funding assistance for your appointment.
National Network of Abortion Funds (NNAF)
- Referrals for direct funding sources in your area.
- Visit the NNAF website at abortionfunds.org
- The Aggie fund works primarily through their local clinic, Capital Care of Toledo and Northland Family Planning in Michigan. When you contact them, let them know what you can afford and that you may need funding. They will give you the names and numbers of other funds that have more money you can apply to first, but if you are unable to raise sufficient funds, they will then use our funds to cover your bill.
- If you are going to a different clinic, contact the Aggie Fund.
Practical Support Resources
Midwest Access Coalition (MAC)
- MAC assistance patients traveling to, from or within the Midwest Call for abortion care with travel, lodging, meals, childcare, and more.
- Call or text MAC’s hotline at 847-750-6224.
- You may also contact MAC at [email protected].
- MAC’s volunteer-operated hotline is open 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday.
Ohio Women's Alliance - Member Assistance Program (MAP)
Find Options Counseling and Support
- Unintended pregnancy support & options counseling.
- 1 (888) 493-0092
This form is for clients who reached out to Abortion Fund of Ohio for financial, logistical, or emotional support, and can be filled out after your experience with us. You're not required to fill out the feedback form.
Filling the form out or providing negative or positive feedback doesn't impact current or future ability to get help from AFO. We created this form simply because we want to provide the best care possible! Please feel free to be as honest as possible, but don't write any secret or confidential information on this form (like your social security number or home address).
Hours and Closures
AFO's intake is generally open Monday - Friday, and our warmline is staffed by our Patient Navigation team. If you call & get our voicemail, you email, or you fill out our intake form, we will return your message within ~48 hours. AFO is closed on Saturdays & Sundays, along with the following holidays each year:
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day Labor Day
- Indigenous People’s Day
- Veterans Day
- National Day of Mourning (Thanksgiving)
- Black Friday
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
In addition, AFO generally closes in the last 2 weeks of each year. Any closures in addition to the above are announced on our social media and our website.
Use the form below to submit an intake request. You can also find this form on Airtable. A Resource Coordinator will respond to you within 48 hours. If your appointment is scheduled further out (2-3 weeks or more) we may respond after 48 hours. If you are not able to access the form, or fill it out, please call our warmline number at 614-300-7811 or send us an email at [email protected]. If you will need translation services for your appointment or while working with AFO, please note that on your form.