- On this page:
Get Financial & Practical Assistance
We provide travel and lodging assistance to Ohio residents whether your appointment is in Ohio or you are having to travel out-of-state. AFO is connected to a mighty team of trained volunteers who can support your logistic and childcare needs. If you are looking for legal help, please visit our Legal Access Program page here.
Please contact the clinic you are scheduled at directly first if you need assistance paying for your appointment. You need to have an appointment booked before we can assist with practical support needs. If you need help finding a clinic to schedule an appointment at, find a list of clinics we partner with here. You can also find the clinic nearest to you here.
If you need additional assistance, please fill out our online form here or at the bottom of this page. A Resource Coordinator will respond to you within 48 hours. If your appointment is scheduled further out (2-3 weeks or more) we may respond after 48 hours. If you are not able to access the form, or fill it out, please call our warmline number at (614) 300-7811 or email [email protected].
Please note: AFO's warmline is not a live call line. When calling, please leave a voicemail & a number we can safely return your call to.
If you need assistance receiving Emergency Contraceptives, also known as “the morning after pill” or “Plan B” please click here to find a list of community partners who carry it.
Abortion Fund of Ohio may not have the capacity to fund 100% of abortion and appointment-related costs and we fund depending on gestation and needs. If you are still in need of financial assistance you can contact the funds below.
Find Additional Resources
National Abortion Federation (NAF)
- Contact at 1-800-772-9100 or https://prochoice.org/patients/naf-hotline/.
- Monday - Friday: 7am - 1pm EST
- Saturday & Sunday 9am - 5pm EST
- The following clinics in Ohio work directly with NAF in-clinic:
- If your clinic does NOT work with NAF in-clinic, you can contact NAF directly. It may take several tries to get through.
- Planned Parenthood does not use NAF funding, but has in-clinic funding of their own. If you are scheduled at Planned Parenthood, contact them directly if you are in need of funding assistance for your appointment.
National Network of Abortion Funds (NNAF)
- Referrals for direct funding sources in your area.
- Visit their site here.
- The Aggie fund works primarily through their local clinic, Capital Care of Toledo and Northland Family Planning in Michigan. When you contact them, let them know what you can afford and that you may need funding. They will give you the names and numbers of other funds that have more money you can apply to first, but if you are unable to raise sufficient funds, they will then use our funds to cover your bill.
- If you are going to a different clinic, contact the Aggie Fund.
Find Additional Practical Assistance
Practical Support Organizations
- Midwest Access Coalition (MAC)
- MAC assistance patients traveling to, from or within the Midwest Call for abortion care with travel, lodging, meals, childcare, and more.
- Call or text MAC’s hotline at 847-750-6224.
- You may also contact MAC at [email protected].
- MAC’s volunteer-operated hotline is open 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday.
Find Options Counseling and Support
- Unintended pregnancy support & options counseling.
- 1 (888) 493-0092 | all-options.org
Abortion Fund of Ohio Intake Form
Use the form below to submit an intake request. You can also find this form at this link. A Resource Coordinator will respond to you within 48 hours. If your appointment is scheduled further out (2-3 weeks or more) we may respond after 48 hours.
If you are not able to access the form, or fill it out, please call our warmline number at 614-300-7811 or send us an email at [email protected]. If you will need translation services for your appointment or while working with AFO, please note that on your form.