*Yes, this is only the Southern half of Michigan
- Eastland Women's Clinic, Eastpointe, (586) 774-4190
- Northland Family Planning Clinic, Southfield, (248) 559-0590
- Northland Family Planning Clinic, Sterling Heights, (586) 268-1700
- Northland Family Planning Clinic, Westland, (734) 721-4700
- Planned Parenthood, Ann Arbor Health Center, Ann Arbor, (734) 973-0710
- Planned Parenthood, Kalamazoo Health Center, Kalamazoo, (269) 372-1200
- Scotsdale Women's Center, Detroit, (313) 538-2020
- Summit Medical Centers, Detroit, (313) 272-8450
Michigan Abortion Laws:
- 24 hour waiting period after counseling session, but counseling session does not have to be done in person
- Requires parental consent for a minor accessing abortion care
- Gestational Limit: 24 weeks
If you need financial help, ask the clinic if they can refer you to any abortion assistance funds (local, state and nationwide) that can help you. Many clinics also have in-clinic funding available. See HERE for more information about financial assistance.
Michigan Abortion Funds
MORE FUNDING & PRACTICAL SUPPORT HELP
Planned Parenthood has a national financial assistance fund for patients going to Planned Parenthood clinics. If you are going to a Planned Parenthood clinic and need financial help to access the care you need, be sure to ask for it!
The National Abortion Federation has a national financial assistance fund for patients going to NAF clinics (don’t know if you’re going to a NAF clinic? Check HERE.) It can take a long time to get through, but can be worth the effort. Their number: 1-800-772-9100. They are open weekdays: 7:00 A.M.-11:00 P.M. Eastern time Saturdays and Sundays: 9:00 A.M.-9:00 P.M. They also provide case management services for patients with special needs, and limited financial assistance to help subsidize care and travel-related expenses.
Midwest Access Coalition
MAC is a practical abortion fund. They do not provide financial assistance for abortion procedures—instead, they assist with the other costs and difficulties associated with getting an abortion. If you are traveling to, from or within the Midwest to access safe and legal abortion services, they host and help with transportation.
Email: [email protected] | Message Line: 847-750-6224